Here is some updated information regarding the BCIG PTP:
1. OPEN HOUSE THANK YOU - thank you to Megan Nicholson for helping me set up the PTP table at the Open House! The PTP served 550 cookies (WOW) and we had a great turn out of people using the grade picture frames in the gym. This was a fun addition to the Open House and we will definitely offer it again next year (thanks again Mrs. Ludvigson for the awesome idea)! Teachers - Mr. Henderson has the grade frames in his office if you wish to use them with your class or new students.
2. FIRST PTP MEETING - Thursday, September 17th @ 6:30pm - BCIG Elementary Library. Please come share ideas & help us plan our annual calendar! If you are unable to attend but would like to send your thoughts or ideas, please send them to me!
3. BCIG PTP SOCIAL MEDIA - thank you to Bethany Jones for doing our Facebook page and PTP website again this year! She does a great job of updating information so make sure to like our page and check back for new information!
4. BCIG PTP TREE BULLETIN BOARD - next time you are in the hallway by the lunchroom check out our PTP bulletin board! The theme is "Watch Our BCIG PTP Grow". Once a month we will put up leaves showing different PTP volunteers and by the end of the school year that tree is going to be full and plentiful! I will also put the next PTP meeting date as well as our next big event so we can keep everyone in the loop.
5. NEW PTP IDEAS - RAFFLE DRAWING FOR $10 IDA GROVE CHAMBER BUCKS - I would love to hear any new ideas or suggestions for the BCIG PTP in time to review at our first meeting. Please send any ideas my way and your name will be entered into a drawing for $10 Ida Grove Chamber Bucks. I would love to hear back from teachers, staff, & parents! To be entered into the drawing please send your idea to me by Wednesday, September 16th.
6. HOMECOMING SPIRIT TABLE - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9th - our next PTP event will be sponsoring a Spirit Table at the Friday Night Football Game for Homecoming. Last year we sold Falcons spirited items (cookies, cupcakes, bam-bams, beads, glow sticks, etc.) and raised $544 for our PTP program. Heather Messing also donated the leftover colored hair spray from last year so we'll be offering that again - it was a huge hit with the kids! We will be looking for volunteers to donate either Falcons colored items to sell and/or volunteering to help sell at the Spirit Table. I will send more information out about this later but just wanted to give you a heads up!
Also, please share the word if you know of new teachers, staff, friends & family who might want to be on our BCIG PTP email list. As always, if you have any ideas, comments, or suggestions throughout the year please send them my way!
Thank you for your support and I look forward to a fabulous year! GO FALCONS