The materials for the PTP Christmas Book Giveaway will be ready Wednesday, Dec. 10th. Here is how the books will be sent home to each BCIG Elementary Student:
I will coordinate getting all the materials ready for each classroom and I am looking for volunteers to pick a teacher and get their books assembled. You can take the supplies home and work at your convenience. The classroom bags with materials can be picked up at school on Wednesday, Dec. 10th and you should return the assembled books to that teacher's class by Wednesday, Dec. 17th. The students will take home their gifted books on Friday, December 19th. I have attached a photo showing an example of how the books can be wrapped.
WOW! Thank you for the quick sign up for assembling books for the PTP Christmas Book Giveaway - that is AWESOME!
The teacher bags with the materials will be ready for pick-up the morning of Wednesday, Dec. 10th. The bags will be located by the PTP Christmas Tree in the school lobby.
Ms. Becker (PK) - Stacy Segebart
Mrs. Harriman (PK) - Andrea Schirrmacher
Mrs. Timi Wunschel (PK) - Jodi Lansink
Ms. Barto (KEY) - Candace Bral
Mrs. Lynette Wunschel (K) - Allyson Iverson
Mrs. Zobel (K) - Jeanette Todd
Mrs. Reimers (K) - Kari Siegner
Ms. Beason (1st) - Kristy Gilbert
Mrs. Ehrig (1st) - Stacy Segebart
Mrs. Freese (1st) - Julie Godbersen
Mrs. Warnke (2nd) - Kayla Baker
Ms. Sohm (2nd) - Jodi Lansink
Mrs. Miesner (2nd) - Karen Gunderson
Mrs. Glawe (3rd) - Brandi Sharkey
Mrs. Ludvigson (3rd) - Megan Nicholson
Ms. Steil (3rd) - Julie Weeda
Mrs. Nettles (4th) - Tammie Dausel
Mrs. Synder (4th) - Tammie Dausel
Ms. McQuistion (5th) - Lisa Hofmeister
Mrs. Remer (5th) - Jaci Nichols
Extra Teachers & Staff - Karen Gunderson
Thank you again for all of our volunteers and I hope everyone has a great weekend! GO FALCONS
I am very excited to share that we have established the framework for our first annual Family Fun Night and we are ready to bring in our awesome PTP Volunteers! This event is sponsored by the BCIG Elementary PTP and will be FREE to all of our students and their parents PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR FAMILY FUN NIGHT - TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2015 - 5:30pm at BCIG ELEMENTARY. For those of you interested in helping plan for this event we will be having an informative/brainstorming meeting next week:* DATE: Tuesday, December 9, 2014* TIME: 6:30pm* LOCATION: BCIG Elementary Library
If you would like to help with Family Fun Night but are unable to attend this meeting there are a few options. We have divided Family Fun Night into committees so you can sign up to help with a certain area - I am hoping to have at least 2-3 people (or more) signed up for each category. You can also email or call me with any ideas for the event at any time! Here are the current committees:
SCHOOL PARTICIPATION (Dec, Jan, Feb)
Committee: Alan Henderson, Shelly Spotts, Tina Krager
* Classroom Participation - door decoration contest, weekly readings and/or special projects related to the book
SCHOOL T-SHIRT FUNDRAISER (Jan)
Committee: Jodi Lansink, Amy Godbersen, and 1 additional volunteer
* Design t-shirts - will incorporate both BCIG Elementary & The Mouse & The Motorcycle - Jodi Lansink
* Complete order forms and make copies to send home to students at the beginning of January
* T-shirts back to students by end of January. We will encourage students to wear their shirts to Family Fun Night.
EVENT INVITATIONS (Jan)
Committee: Julie Godbersen, Amy Godbersen, and 1 additional volunteer
* Design Family Fun Night Invitation. Will include RSVP section so we can plan ahead for food.
* Make copies and send home to kids 3 weeks prior to event
* Manage RSVP list
Committee: 3++ volunteers
* Incorporate theme of book - hotel, mouse, pets, motorcycles
FOOD - Dinner & Dessert (Feb)
Committee - 3 volunteers
* Plan Dinner Menu
* Purchase food and supplies. Potential for some donations from local businesses for cups, plates, napkins, etc.
* Organize PTP sponsored dessert table (ask for PTP volunteers to bring an item)
* Look at recruiting servers from high school (Alicia Nelson)?
PHOTO BOOTH (Feb)
Committee - 3 volunteers
* Incorporate theme of book into display area for event
* Volunteer photographer to take pictures of students & families throughout the evening
* Look at being able to print digital pictures on-site if possible. Also available via email later?
* Arrange workers at event
PASSPORT BOOK (Feb)
Committee - Julie Godbersen, Amy Godbersen, and 1 additional volunteer
* Design Passport Book. The kids will need to visit at least 6 stations to redeem their passport book.
* Make copies of passport book (# copies TBD)
* Find stamps to use for each station
PASSPORT STATIONS (Feb)
Committee - 3++ volunteers
* Finalize 10 different stations and confirm workers for each location during the evening.
* Provide information and map to families regarding available stations
* Current ideas for stations but feel free to make suggestions if you have another idea!
- READING (Shelly Spotts & Tina Krager) - Library.
- HEALTHY SNACKS FOR KIDS (Julie Staley) - location TBD.
- EXERCISE WITH ZUMBA (Christi Ladwig) - location TBD.
- ARTS & CRAFT TAKE-HOME PROJECT (leader TBD) - Art Room.
- PHOTO BOOTH (leader TBD) - location TBD.
- MATH (leader TBD) - location TBD.
- TECHNOLOGY (leader TBD) - Computer Lab.
- GAME (leader TBD) - location TBD.
- PETTING ZOO (Shelly Spotts checking to see if we can do this) - location TBD.
- TBD (leader TBD) - location TBD.
PRIZES & GIVEAWAYS (Feb)
Committee - 3 volunteers
* Each student who completes a passport book will receive a prize to take home
* All students will receive the same prize - would like to incorporate BCIG Elementary in some way... water bottle, keychain, etc.
* Identify prize and make purchase.
* Arrange prize table at event.
* Look at idea of doing some raffle drawings. We could include 2 raffle tickets with event invitation.
* Ask for a few donations from local businesses?
FREE CHILDCARD FOR YOUNGER SIBLINGS (Feb)
Committee - 1-2 volunteers
* Ask kids from high school to help (Alicia Nelson)?
* Arrange designated location at the elementary school
* Do we need RSVP to know how many supervisors to have available?
This is a starting point but I wanted everyone to get this information so we are all aligned. If you are interested in helping on a certain committee please let me know. Once we finalize these committees you may meet separately on your own and when it's most convenient for your group.
If you are able to attend next Tuesday's meeting that would be great. We will have another follow-up PTP meeting in January.
Thank you for being part of this exciting event... it's going to be an amazing evening of fun for our students & families at BCIG Elementary. GO FALCONS!
Hello BCIG PTP,
The holidays are fast approaching and we are excited to continue the annual tradition of the BCIG Elementary Christmas Tree of Learning.
BCIG Elementary teachers are currently working on their holiday wish lists with items & supplies for their classroom. The PTP will set up a Christmas tree in the school lobby and hang gift tag "ornaments" listing the teachers name and requested items. Parents can take a tag off the tree and purchase a gift for teachers leading up to Christmas.
Thank you to BETHANY JONES for offering to set up the Christmas tree in the school lobby on Monday, Dec. 1st.
I am looking for 3 additional volunteers for this project:
* MAKE/CREATE TEACHER GIFT TAG "ORNAMENTS" to hang onto the tree. Needs to be completed by Monday, Dec. 1st (1 volunteer needed)
* DECORATE CHRISTMAS TREE with gift tag ornaments - Tuesday, Dec. 2nd (1 volunteer needed)
* MAKE COPIES OF CHRISTMAS TREE OF LEARNING FLIER and distribute to teacher's mailboxes - Friday, Dec. 5th (1 volunteer needed)
If you are interested in volunteering for one of these spots please let me know and I can fill you in with more details.
Battle Creek-Ida Grove Elementary School is home to preschool through 5th grade students.