I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year 2015! Thank you for all of your hard work & support in 2014 - we have an amazing group of PTP volunteers for our school!
The Mouse & The Motorcycle book giveaway was a big success in December and all BCIG Elementary students received a copy of the book prior to Christmas. The school had a special assembly on Dec. 19th to kick off this event and they are doing various activities in the next few months to promote One Book, One School. We are well on our way towards celebrating this book at Family Fun Night in February!
THANK YOU to the following PTP volunteers who helped assemble these books in December: Stacy Segebart, Andrea Schirrmacher, Jodi Lansink, Candace Bral, Allyson Iverson, Jeanette Todd, Kari Siegner, Kristy Gilbert, Julie Godbersen, Kayla Baker, Karen Gunderson, Maggie Buns, Jaci Nichols, Brandi Sharkey, Megan Nicholson, Julie Weeda, Tammie Dausel, Lisa Hofmeister, and Amy Godbersen.
I would also like to thank a few PTP volunteers for their help in the last few weeks: Ruth Bennett - counted 14,000 Our Family Labels which will give our PTP $700 - that is AWESOME! This is a great reminder to keep saving Our Family UPC codes... they really add up and will help our PTP group the rest of the year!Megan Nicholson - designed & ordered BCIG Elementary water bottles that will be given to our students at Family Fun Night. These turned out really nice and kids can bring them to school in their backpacks to stay hydrated throughout the day!Jodi Lansink - designed super cute BCIG Elementary Mouse & The Motorcycle t-shirts that will be available to students & parents for our January 2015 PTP fundraiser. Order forms will be going home soon! Preparations for our Family Fun Night are well underway! Here are a few updates:Dinner - cheeseburger, bag of chips, lemonade/water, dessert tableFree Childcare - high school volunteers & adults will be available to supervise younger siblings at the Rec Center during our event if parents would like to drop off their kids. The kids play room & gym will be open.Prize - students who complete a passport book will receive a BCIG Elementary water bottle.Passport Stations - set up throughout the school & a map will be available at the welcome table.- Reading and Mouse & The Motorcycle Book Mural (coordinated by Shelly Spotts & Tina Krager)- Healthy Snacks for Kids by Iowa Extension Office (coordinated by Julie Staley)- Science by Ida County Conservation Center (coordinated by Bethany Jones)- Exercise with Zumba (coordinated by Christi Ladwig)- Mouse Crafts: Reading Bookmark & Ears - Mouse & The Motorcycle Photo Booth- Technology/Computer Lab- Musical Mouse Chairs- Mouse Maze- Last station being finalized Many of you have offered to assist with Family Fun Night - here are some areas we need help:Dessert Table - looking for a variety of homemade desserts to be brought in the afternoon of Tuesday, February 17th (cupcakes, cookies, bars, cakes, pies, candies, or whatever you would like to make or bring).
Dinner Supplies - looking for a variety of supplies that can be dropped off at the school lounge anytime between now and February 6th. (You can sign up for 1 qty, 2 qty, etc.).
- 100 paper plates (10 qty needed)
- 100 qty cups (10 qty needed)- 250 napkins (4 qty needed)- Ketchup bottles (15 qty needed)
- Mustard bottles (5 qty needed)
- Large pickle jars (3 qty needed)
- Frozen Lemonade Cans (12 qty needed) Photo Booth- Create a fun Mouse & The Motorcycle Display in the lobby at the school- 45 minute sessions for volunteers to take group or family pics using school camera- Christin DeVine helping - need 4/5 additional volunteers to help w/ display and/or take pictures Family Fun Night Volunteers - we are asking high school volunteers & some middle school helpers so PTP parents can also enjoy this evening with their kids. Station helpers will be organized into shifts of 45 minutes (5:30-6:15pm, 6:15-7pm, 7-7:45pm).- Set-up Crew: 3:30 - 5:30pm- Clean-up Crew: 8 - 9pm- Stations (45 min. shifts) - Welcome Table, Food & Dessert Table, Prize Table, Childcare at Rec Center, Arts & Crafts, Photo Booth, Technology/Computer Lab, Musical Mouse Chairs, Mouse Maze. If you are interested in helping by bringing a dessert, dinner supplies, or volunteering on Family Fun Night please let me know.
We will be having our PTP Winter meeting in the next few weeks to finalize all Family Fun Night details. I will send out the date once this has been determined. If anyone has any questions, comments or suggestions regarding Family Fun Night or the PTP please let me know. Thank you again for all of your support for our school and GO FALCONS!